|As a standard option the fibre optic network media converter SPS-1 supports data transfer between the ISPS-1 server and 100BASE-T Ethernet network.
The communication between ISPS-1 and SPS-1 is provided via a 100BASE-FX (WDM) compatible fiber optic link. The link meets the standards for using in potentially explosive atmospheres.
The SPS-1 converter may also be used as a high voltage Ethernet galvanic isolation and as a separator in potentially explosive atmospheres.
The SPS-1 converter may be installed:
- outside areas with potentially explosive atmospheres.
- in mines, in “a”, “b”, or “c” type zones susceptible to firedamp and in “A” or “B” type zones susceptible to coal dust provided that the device is enclosed in a flameproof housing.
The fiber optic line of the SPS-1 may enter areas with potentially explosive atmospheres (gases and dust) in compliance with the following marking: I (M1) [Ex op is Ma] I and has been designed for using in mines, both outside firedamp areas and in “a”, “b”, “c” type zones susceptible to firedamp and in “A”, “B” type zones susceptible to coal dust.
SPS-1 converter is manufactured in three versions:
- 100Base-FX WDM single mode, 1550 nm transmitter, 1310 nm receiver
- 100Base-FX WDM single mode, 1310 nm transmitter, 1550 nm receiver
- 100Base-FX single mode, 1310 nm transmitter/receiver (2 fiber lines)
- Systems for data acquisition of roadheaders and shearers.
- Monitoring systems for transformers, substations, and switchgears.
- Monitoring of underground transport systems.
- Access control and time recording systems.
- Galvanic separators of data transmission lines.